Extruded Closed-Cell Polyethylene
Grip Strip is a closed-cell product. Under normal use, it will not cause outgassing. It's unique design provides an excellent fit and surface within the chink joint. This results in a savings in material used.
Trap Rod fills in the gaps on all around log homes where an elasmomeric chinking is used. Trap Rod reduces the amount of Perma-Chink needed to effectively seal the gaps between logs. Perma-Chink will not adhere to the Trap Rod, only to the logs.
Snugly fit the Trap Rod into the gap with the narrow side in. When spacing permits, apply Trap Rod around jams or joints of windows, doors and soffits.
Before you install Trap Rod or Backer Rod make sure gap is free of moisture and foreign material. Directly place it into the gap using a blunt tool, face roller or the tips of your fingers. Apply Perma-Chink over Trap Rod or Backer Rod according to manufacturer's instructions.
- It provides a firm chinking or caulking surface
- Its shape and texture allow it to be easily installed without using staples, nails or glue
- It repels water. (Most open cell products absorb water)
- It’s compatible with all commonly available synthetic chinking
- It helps prevent blistering of chinking surfaces
- It provides extra insulation against heat loss
- It comes in a number of widths and it fits a wide variety of log styles.